Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Want to go to Hamburg!

Hi,
I am ready to go and can hardly wait til Mon. 4/16. This is my first trip to Germany and I hope to take the train to Hamburg on Tues. 4/17 as soon as I get to the hotel. I wonder if anyone else would like to join me? My husband's family is from the area north of there and I think it would be fun to see it. If you're interested please let me know. Perhaps you could leave a message at the hotel. I hope to arrive about noon. Thanks and happy travels to all.

Marilou Bade

2 comments:

Linda Post Bushkofsky said...

Marilou:

We gather on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. for our first group activity. It looks like Hamburg is about 2 1/2 hours away from Berlin by train. Will you really have time to make that trip and be back and ready for our 6 p.m. meeting? I wouldn't want you to miss any of our planned activities, especially our first get-to-know-you evening.

Anonymous said...

I agree to what Linda wrote. Berlin - Hamburg is about 300K, about 200 mi. You will be tired after the flight anyway, and sitting on a train for about 4-5 hours will give you about 30 - 60 min. to see Hamburg. You really should consider if it is worth it.
Christian - your tour director